This article explains how to copy your hypnosis session CD to a phone or mp3 player. This is for Windows-based computers but I provide a links to articles for Apple/Macintosh products.
When you copy music, pictures, and videos from your PC to a blank CD or DVD, it’s called “burning.” When you copy music, pictures, and videos from a CD or DVD to your PC, it’s called “ripping.” You can use Windows Media Player to do both.
You are going to “rip” your session CD into an mp3 file then copy that file onto your mp3 player (i.e. phone, tablet, ipod, etc.).
This is a more detailed, Berkshire Hypnosis-specific version of the directions from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15062/windows-burn-rip-cds (this open in new tab)
- Open Windows Media Player
- Insert session CD into the PC’s CD drive
- Right-click on the Unknown Title, click Edit, and type in Hypnosis Session (Note: This will make it easier to find when you’re trying to locate this file later to play. You can add the date or give it any title you’d like. If your music files are organized, you’ll want to change Unknown Artist to Berkshire Hypnosis and Unknown genre to Hypnosis or Meditation.)
- Select Rip settings/Format/MP3 from Rip setting drop-down menu
- To view or change where file is saved: Select Rip settings/More options… and note file location under “Rip music to this location.” Select Change… to send it to a location other than the default setting.
- Select the Rip CD button
Under Rip status, you should see Pending and then a Ripping status bar. Once done, it should read Ripped to library.
(For iphone/ipod, here is a link with very thorough directions:
http://www.iphonelife.com/issues/oct08/HTRipMusicCDs) (this open in new tab)
Here is a video for Windows/Android, How to.. Rip CD from windows to android device https://youtu.be/k26UvzIKGcc
- Open Windows Explorer
- Connect device (phone, mp3 player, etc.) to USB port on computer
- Locate Hypnosis Session file, right-click, Copy
- Find location of music files on your device and Paste
You should now have your hypnosis session available in the Music section on your phone or mp3 player.
- Do not listen while driving
- Listen to it as often as you’d like